From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 13:42:34 -0500
HI Folks- Bear here !
You know ,the handsome REW at Ferret Wise.  The one who writes his very own
newsletter column!  Well, I know June and Storm are trying to outdo me with
their soon to be web site-- BUT I am here now -- and was first!

Anyway, I get all bubbly this time of year 'cuz folks think my jowls
resemble Santa's beard.  We got a rough start on the holidays - all of us
had to wait out Thanksgiving treats until the little gal got sewn back up--
(the nerve of some of these gals-- removing perfectly good sutures for a
little bit of attention..) - but finally there were raisins and rice cakes
for all!  Phew-- and we got to stay up late!

Since then we have seen a nice young black nosed boy named Two Bits off
to a new home where he has a lady ferret running him around ( her name is
Penny-- haha Penny and Two Bits)-- haha he need's to take my course on
being the boss of the house!  Meanwhile plans are underway here at the
shelter for the holiday open house next month.  Dad has to miss it 'cuz he
is going to be at Pennsauken-- (sounds just awful doesn't it?) where he
wants to visit with Skip at Martins Cages.  Oh yeah, we have some beautiful
new cages here to start the new milennium off with from this guy.  He ships
them up dad builds them-- the shelter looks wonderful now!  While Dad is
away I have lots of work to do, I have to supervise shelter Mom and help
her out!

Lots of goodies are being given away in drawings that day, the big folks
also make and bake lots of goodies-- but darned if they even begin to
share them with us-- I'll take some peanut butter fudge please!  I like
especially the music that day-- and of course the attention I get form the
folks who visit-- just call me a good ferret ambassador!

This year they will be having a carol sing too at 1 PM-- they are going to
sing Ferret Carols-- about time they got the priorities right!  Sure hope
you come and visit.  In the meantime I know maybe lots of kids will be
leaving -- as there have been lots of pre screening requests for adoption.

The place is perking up -- we have a special wreath which hangs above
the fireplace in the shelter room-- smells sooooo very nice.  There are
ornaments and toys and lots of good things for ferrets on the holidays too!
I have to get Mom to hang some stockings up perhaps I will find some things
hiding in there too --hey maybe we'll get some early presents!!!!  If you
have any questions you just email me at the above address -- I will try to
help you out-- even with directions.

Sure hope that the Ferret Santa is good to all you ferrets -- yes, even the
older, not as healthy kids as me! ( we all get there eventually!).  To all
the ferret friends and parents-- Thanks so much for making your little ones
feel loved and cared for.  It makes my job so much easier!!

Bear FerretWise
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/beartruths.html