From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 13:18:12 -0400
Saw Dayna's post but am having sporadic problems with Compuserve addresses:
Dayna, did the rich ones leave you in the lurch?  They may not have meant to
do so.  I grew up with some people who were raised with wealth and many tend
to not understand economic concerns which seem basic to those of us who are
or have recently enough been hungry or subject to strict budgeting.  It's
just an ignorance thing, and my bet is that if you called them and let them
know about your situation they would express their gratitude in a way which
would relieve a lot of your anxiety.  BTW, are your pictures up and running
yet?  Also, from what I have heard (except for not having an option tail
sling, which you may want to consider) your wheelchairs sound better than
the ones we used to make (and I can't get those castors anymore): Have you
thought of selling those through ferrets catalogs and magazines to make a
bit of extra money?  What about putting your stories in electronic book
format and folks get to download them after paying?  Do your pictures show
where and how Foggy's amputations were done?  I'm curious if the double
bones of the forelegs cause any difficulties as opposed to higher
amputations.

Walking continuously in circles can also be a response to extreme long-term
confinement, or to a neurological disorder.

Inflammation from a scratch is probably far more likely to reflect waste or
other debris on the claws than allergy.  Also, Steve is VERY allergic to the
musk of whole males, but has had no problems with the others (in over a
dozen years of living with them).

We hope that Pam Grant and Dick Bossart put info about their books in the ad
edition.  If not, we hope they send same.

Okay, the question comes up: what can WE do to help Mary with the start-up
Modern Ferret, besides subscribe or purchase, request it at other locations,
and be patient?  If we still lived on LI I'd volunteer to do PT burst work
when there is need.  (Mary, can any be done long distance?) Maybe someone
will know how to help them work up a better program for mailing re: bar
codes and address corrections?