From:
Michelle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 08:48:05 -0600
Kathy Smith, I know how you feel about having a picky eater on your hands.
We got Gypsy when he was about 10 months old, and his previous owners
informed us that the only thing he would eat is happy cat, and to feed him
only once a day (small handfull)...well I up'ed it to him having a whole
bowl full so he could eat whenever he felt the need to.  But I still cannot
get him to eat anything other than Happy cat.  Once we ran out of food and I
tried buying him another brand of cat food, but he refused to eat.  I
thought I would wait him out, thinking he would eat once he got hungry
enough.  But he did not.  I have tried getting him to eat raisins, ferret
treats, cooked chicken meat and lots of other things....he even got into a
bowl of sweet cereal milk and just walked in it, but would not even attempt
to drink it.  I dont worry about it.  He is a smart boy and knows what he
likes.  If he wants to try somthing new, I am sure he will let me know.  And
he is doing just fine on the cat food, although he does tend to poke around
in it when I try and sneak in his ferret supplements... :-)

Chelle Phillips