Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 11:28:49 -0400
Hello All!

I don't really have much news except I have found a wonderful toy for the
ferts.  I bought it for my cats.  It is a long hard plastic stick (about 2
feet long) with suide tassles on the end.  Wave it in front of the cats and
playtime --- well, my one cat Oscar is terrified of it, but JD loves it.
So, I was playing with JD with his new toy, and Thelma was watching from her
cage (their cage is in the living room so that I can always see when they
wake up, and they can always feel a part of the family!).  Thelma started
dooking like crazy and was climbing her cage and biting the bars to get out.
After a couple of minutes I let her out and started to play with her with
the cat toy.  She went absolutely crazy for this thing.  She dooked like it
was going out of style, attacked and retreated, attacked again, and then
finally she grabbed it so hard from my hand, she ended up carting it off and
hiding it under the shelf in the hall closet.  I just about killed myself
laughing at her.  Naturally Louise (the gentle, patient one) comes ambling
out of her cage to investigate.  She sees Thelma putting this 'thing' under
the shelf in the closet and proceeds to drag it back out.  WWIII ensued in
the closet let me tell you.  One wanted it in, the other wanted it out.
Eventually they were playfighting so much, they forgot what they were
playfighting for, and came out looking for a treat because they knew they
looked so cute!

Naturally, mommy gave them one.  I have taught them to sit up and beg on
their hind legs for their treats.  Is it ever cute!!

My apologies for not getting back to people on a one to one basis.  I have
had a couple of requests from people, so what I will do is this: This
weekend I will compile everything together, and come into work on Sunday and
answer everyone individually.  I apologize again, but with only work time
access to the system it is not always easy to get on it.

Take care of everyone you love, and dooks and meows, and ruffs to all,

Marion, Thelma, Louise, JD and Oscar

p.s.  I saw someone's post and they had ferrets named Thelma and Louise
also - great minds think alike!!