From:
Cindy Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Mar 1996 20:39:02 -0500
We are getting discouraged.  We brought home a new (to us) ferret recently.
The new ferret seems terrified of our established ferret.  This seems odd
because when we introduced them, there didn't seem to be any problem.  But
now, the new ferret cries, hisses, and lashes out at our established ferret.
The new ferret came from a home with dogs, cats, and other ferrets, so we
were surprised that she'd react this way. Also, it does not seem to us th at
the established ferret is bothering or taunting or provoking the new ferret.
Both ferrets are about 1 year old, female sables.

We have tried almost every suggestion in the FAQ about introducing ferrets,
including exchanging bedding, supervised play time, ferretone on their
faces, a group bath their 1st day together, scruffing the attacker, keeping
their two cages close together, etc.

If anyone has other suggestions, we'd be very happy to hear from you.
Please e-mail us.  Thanks.