From:
Amy Flemming <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 1999 17:55:47 +0800
Hey guys - got a question for you.

A friend here in Australia has just taken in a jill (recently spayed - age
unknown) and the ferret is suffering from hair loss.  The ferret had been
whole and had hair loss on her hind end and shoulders.  When she was spayed
the hair came back.  The folks had a problem with fleas and treated her
with Frontline and after a while her hair loss started up again.  They were
going to "clunk her over the head" so my friend took her in.  So she turned
to me for help on this situation.  I am going to see the ferret tomorrow
(Wednesday) morning and will know more (ie: age, thin skin, etc).  She is
not agressive, thin, or with swollen vulva.  My friend is hoping it is
maybe a Frontline alergic reaction, but as she had hair re-growth after
spaying, I tend to think it is much more.  Please note that only one ferret
has been diagnosed with adrenal - and I believe that was sucessfully
removed (the one tumor).

Any other ideas besides adrenal?

Thanks

Amy Felmming