Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 17:56:09 -0800
Hello all,

Well, the battle of the fuzzbutts continues in our home.  Dhugal, as some
of you may remember, is our alpha and has never really adjusted to our new
boy Duncan.  We did all the "right" things in introducing them to no avail.
Well, we finally decided to split them up when, in the space of about 10
minutes Dhugal literally ripped the back of Duncan's neck up.  (Boy was
that fun to clean healing nicely though)

We took Duncan back to our room where he lived for the first little bit of
his life in our home and I saw something I never saw since we got him, HE
DOOKED, HE DANCED!  I took one look at my hubby and said "I don't care what
you say, this is Duncan's room now." He heartily agreed.  So we put Duncan
in our room with all of his favorite toys.  Now, Duncan gets along great
with Morgan and Richenda, who are our first babies and soulmates, but we
hated to separate them for the day because they get very sad when they
aren't together.

What to do?  Get another ferret of course!  =)

We went shopping and finally decided on a sweet, demure, snuggly little
lap ferret from our shelter.  She was a foundling back in May of this year
so we don't know much about her history.  She and Duncan did nothing but
snuggle when we introduced them at the shelter.  We tried several other
ferrets but there was no match like her.  Elated, we took little sweet
innocent Sedana home with us.  Then we finally put them together.

Uh...sweet and innocent MY SWEET BIPPY!!!  Sedana went on the attack, and
I do mean attack.  Duncan, still traumatized from Dhugal, immediately
retreated.  Uhm, ok....I guess she isn't a match.  So after another
introduction time, in with the other ferrets she went....where she quickly
established herself as the new alpha!!!  Our big bad bully Dhugal, who is
about 4 times her size, has never backed down so fast in all his life.  Ok,
so now everyone is afraid of her, we put her back in our room and surprise
of surprises, she and Duncan start cuddling again!  She is clearly his
superior as well, but little miss innocent has become little miss innocent
again.

No more...I promise.  Five ferrets is enough.  Well, actually it *would* be
better if we had 3 in each room wouldn't it?  hmmmmm....

Loves and dooks,
Carrie

Morgan: Another one mom?  Forget it I'm going back to sleep, she wins too.
Richenda: HEY! I thought *I* was your favorite little girl!
Dhugal: It's ok, I was ready to retire anyway...you be in charge Sedana.
Duncan: Just a little more to the left sweetie, my neck still hurts.
Sedana: Now that all you little fuzzbutts know your place, can someone
        teach me to dook?  Please?

***  You call me a bitch like that's a bad thing  ***