From:
"POSEN, DAYNA (MAN)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:24:20 -0600
I have been reading about people who've experienced a longer life span on
Meow Mix and Raisins.  I must stress that CORRELATION DOES NOT PROVE
CAUSATION.  I highly doubt that ferrets were living longer in the old
school days because they were eating Meow Mix.  We must get serious on
this issue.  Please know that most ferrets do not die of old age.  The
high quality food we feed them now does not cause tumors or the many
other diseases common to ferrets.  Sure the number and amount of ferrets
infected with life threatening diseases has increased over the years, but
it is highly unlikely that food plays a major role.  I believe that we
need to hope for advances in medical technology to save our ferrets, not
that more people will start feeding Meow Mix again.  This is just my
opinion and I may have facts messed up so feel free to contact me with
any discrepancies I've included!  [log in to unmask]

Love to ferts,
Dayna & Gonz-man