From:
Pamela Greene <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 1997 13:02:20 -0400
Melanie Hawkins wrote:
>Her hair on her belly is pretty much non-existent thus far, and I have just
>noticed that her skin turned purple on her belly.

Completely normal.  It's the dark tips of the new hair showing through the
skin.  (For some reason, white fur tips often turn the skin orange.) In two
or three days at most you should see stubble.

John McBride asked:
>How old are they when they can get the adrenal problem?  [...] Should i be
>concerned?  What can i look for?  Is there an age that they are more
>inclined to get ill?

Most adrenal cases happen in older ferrets, say 4 to 6 years old.  Likewise
most other diseases that you hear about, other than infections and juvenile
lympho.  For information on what to look for, see the FAQ and Medical FAQs,
available from any of the places in my .signature.  It's worth knowing the
signs, but certainly not worth worrying about if your ferrets are young and
healthy.

--
- Pam Greene
Ferret Central <http://www.optics.rochester.edu:8080/users/pgreene/>