From:
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 1996 15:34:48 -0700
>From:    David Numerow <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Salt/pepper shakers
>I've been looking for salt/pepper shakers (with a ferret logo, of course)
>for quite a while now.  If anyone knows where I can find some, please e-mail
>me directly.

Well since others might want them as well I'll post here....

Check with FerretWare.  1-800-FER-RETW (are)
These are full figures not just logos.

Tell Hildy we sent you...

>From:    "Michael Dutton, DVM, DABVP" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: vet answers
>Ferrets can get Bordetella, one of the causes of canine kennel cough.  It
>does not seem to be a big problem in ferrets however.

Oops..  So I obviously don't know everything.  Never claimed to.  I guess I
mixed up the not get with the not a problem.  Sorry.

>From:    "Terry D. Fike" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: FML
>I'm new to the FML, but have been sharing my life with ferrets for 8 years.
>I operate Carroll Ferret Rescue in Central Maryland, and breed
>(Frettchenmeister Ferrets) on a limited scale.

Hi Terry!  Nice to hear another familiar voice...  Well read from another
familiar person.  Welcome.

Well now a story about our daughter and the neighborhood of ferrets...

One day about 6PM a strange man - strange as in we didn't know him not odd
like me - came up to my daughter who was in the front yard.  He asked her if
her mother was home.  She said she wasn't - still coming home from work.  He
then asked if her if she was missing a ferret.  Since we are known in the
neighborhood for having ferrets that isn't too odd.  Courtney said "I don't
know.  What does it look like?"

He said "You tell me." Not wanting Court to just claim any old ferret.  We
don't really need extra ferrets so that wouldn't have been a problem.

Court went and checked and found one of ours was out of her cage.  So
Court asked if it was "blackish browish looking".

"No, this one is white.  Well do you want to look at this and see if you
know who's it is."

They went up to his house and then noticed that it was the house of kid she
knew.  The man was this kids father.  They looked at the ferret.  It was in
a fish tank with cedar chips.  The man said they'd found it the night before
wandereing in the street.  Courtney picked up the ferret to make sure it was
okay.  Court said "This a neutered girl ferret." Says it is a dark eyed
white pattern.  Courtney knows ferrets pretty well.  Courtney checked the
ferret out pretty well.  Said it was fine.  I trust Courtney explicitly.
Courtney then proceeded to explain that the cedar chips weren't good for the
ferrets.  She talked about the cedar hurting the ferrets lungs.  Explained
that the fishtank with a top weighted down with bricks wasn't going to give
the poor ferret enough air.

He asked about why the ferret shook.  Courtney explained the lowered body
temperature while sleeping and that the shaking brought their bodies back up
to normal.

He asked if it was normal to sleep so much.  Courtney said that all they do
is "Eat, sleep, play and poop."

He laughed.  Then he asked if she knew whose ferret it was.

Courtney came home.  By now Diane was home.  Diane suggested that Courtney
take some good food up for the ferret since they only had cheap grocery
store stuff.  Courtney then remembered that while she and her sister worked
a paper route that one of their customers had four ferrets.

Courtney rode her bike up to their house and asked if they were missing a
ferret.  They check and found all four were there.  These folks said the
next door neighbor had two ferrets.

So Court went next door and asked if their ferrets were still there.  They
said "yes they are."

These folks then asked what color the ferret was.  Court said "White with
dark eyes."

These people said maybe its Priscilla's.  Priscilla was a little Chinese
girl who lived two doors away from the house where the ferret was.  So now
they all went to Priscilla's house.  Asked if SHE was missing a ferret.
BINGO!  Now the ferret and the little girl could be reunited.

So Priscilla and Furry were together again.  Seems we have more ferrets in
the neighborhood than we knew about.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/