From:
"Lynne K. Fuge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jul 1996 18:51:34 -0700
I'm not trying to open a can of worms here, but something was said that I
feel needs to be addressed, briefly, I hope.

Yes, a situation developed in NM over a difference of religion.  The
decisions was not made in the heat of a momnt.  A lot of time and care was
taken and counsel was sought.  The decision was made not to do business with
certian individuals due to their religious practices.  We are not trying to
offend or convert or condemn in this public forumn these shelters, ferrets
or anyone associated with them.  We realized that this would be considered
politically incorrect but this was never a concern and never will be.  The
decision was made purely due to our own religion which says in no uncertian
terms that we are not allowed to associate with people who prictice these
things.

Also, to make it clear, this is not just a "christian" thing because I am of
jewish desent.  I do business with people of all religious backgrounds all
the time.  But I don't intentionally, determinely set out to break the rules
I believe my God has set for me to obey.  The Tenach states very clearly
that I am to have NO dealings with anyone I know practices withchcraft.
This decision comes at a great personal cost to me due to the fact, no one
wants to adopt ferrets more than I do and I was very excited at the planned
trip to another state to bring home a whole passel of ferrets to love and
care for.

I don't make it a habit to ask people what they believe in spiritually
before I do business with them and usually I don't know these things about
business associates, however, for whatever reason we have been allowed to
know this about certian individuals and I do take it as a very clear "stop"
sign.  Yes, of course I asked myself, "What could it hurt?  The ferrets are
innocent and I would be helping." Well, the answer is probably not much harm
would be done; except to my personal spiritual convictions.  I know I would
not lose my salvation by getting these ferrets, and I know evil can only be
allowed into my life with God' permission, so I fear no one, but I also know
that I am told that I shall not temp the Lord my God and some day I will
stand before Him and answer for my disobedience.

We don't feel any animosity towards these individuals or the lovely ferrets
they have and readily acknowledge all the good these shelters have done and
will continue to do.  This decision was not reached causually nor easily nor
made lightly.  Please don't judge these shelters by my words or decisions.
I can only speak for myself and a few others who have the same convictions
as me.  I pray for people of all faiths and all Gods beautiful creatures and
all who sacrifice to care for them.

Thank you for letting me have my say.

BTW, Any "shelter" that is left in "shambles" after merely a phone
conversation could not have held much substance in the first place.

[Moderator's note: Please send any replies directly to Lynne - it's too
off-topic to continue here.  BIG]