From:
john rich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:42:51 -0500
Dave, apparently , you missed the boat!  Shelters being "over-run", is
DIRECTLY the result of pet stores selling kits to uninformed, well
meaning people, maybe such as yourself, buying them on a whim!  Your
statement, "heck, the last thing we need is more disposable pets", is,
well heck, the reason this Petsmart issue has begun!!!  Any "informed"
person could see this, even through an "enclave"!!

Our `right` to own ferrets, has NOTHING to do with WHERE we get them!
We may have all made the innocent decision to buy our 1st &/or2nd ferret
from a `petstore`, I have, but we who are trying to discourage Petsmart
from this decision, have LEARNED through "trial & error", and learned
from our mistakes, apparently something you can`t fathom!  You sound
like you WANT or SUPPORT the `state` to "take away our rights to own
ferrets"!!  Ignorance is bliss, and you seem to welcome the " hate mail"
you mentioned!!  You ended with "PAX" in your first ramble, yet you know
NOTHING about how the `states` cannot take away our `right` to own
them!!??  After all, we`re not talking about an epidemic among the
species endangering people, just to `slow` the unwanted surges!!!  The
Countries you mentioned last time, of which I WAS there, have practices
there that OUR Country would NEVER allow!!!!  Apples & Oranges, look up
the difference before you peel `em!!

And DARRIN, I had to bite my tongue on the first post by Davie, but YOU
summed it up well!!  Why respond?  BLISS!!!  DAVIE, you wanted the `hate
mail`, you must have a heck of a full mailbox over the years!!  Good luck
with your Fantasies!  signed,' partly biting my tongue',

john r. & the USA GANG!  jdr.