From:
"Lisa Leidig - The Ferret Haven \"By-the-Sea\"" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 16:27:03 EDT
Hi Sukie

I've got to dig back through my records, but we have had a couple that come
right to mind that exhibited many signs of Waardenburg --

Morticia, a late alter (retired breeder -altered at 2 1/2) was definitely a
Waardenburg kid -- she was a black sable mitt with ruby red eyes.  She died
at age 5 of lymphosarcoma.

Nico, a MF ferret was a wannabe chocolate panda/mitt with ruby eyes - he
was blind.  He died of Lymphosarcoma at age 4.

Yod He Vawhe, a MF ferret who started life as a black roan mitt, and roaned
to a medium silver...he had the wide spaced eyes and started to show a
blaze.  He died of an unknown illness (probably IBD) at age 5.  He had
suffered from a mild bout of ECE in 1994, but was otherwise healthy until
he developed adrenals at age 4 (bilateral).

I hope that this helps -- I have had others that I believe are carrying the
WS gene - but they are still alive.

Lisa Leidig, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
http: www.ferrethaven.org
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854