From:
judy gabel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 01:05:18 -0700
We have a 6 mo. old little boy Ping.  We wanted him to some one else to
love and snuggle with so be got a little sister.  She was born 6-23-2001
and is very small.  Well it is not working liked I had hoped it would.
Ping is rough with her and sometimes bites her nick and she cries.  Then
the next time I go to get him off of her he is doing nothing but hollering
her down and you would think he was killing her.  My boys say that is just
like a little sister there's did the same thing.  ha!  But I don't want
Ping to hurt her.  I started to put him in time out in his travel cage.
Most of the time all I have to say in Ping no and he stops and looks up at
me.  I want Ping to enjoy her and get a long and play but I don't want to
get after him to much because then he will think he is in trouble every
time he touches her.  Is Ping showing Sweetpea who is boss or is he just
a brat?  Should I stop the rough play?  I am afraid if I let it go on he
will hurt her.  Or is it that she is just to little yet to be out when
Ping is out?  Ping plays with my grand sons ferret and they have a good
time but are about the same size.  Is it because he plays rough with a
older one ?  Help I don't know what to do.