Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:39:04 -0700
Sandee,

It's hard to believe but we've lost another little fuzzy this year.
Little Sassy Britches was 5 years old (as far as we know) and had
developed insulinoma.  We were treating her for this and she seemed to be
doing well.  Last week she got bit or something on her ear and we
couldn't get the bleeding to stop.  It was like her blood was very thin.
The vet used hemablock and got it stopped but she broke it loose the next
a.m.  So the vet used glue to stop the bleeding and get it to heal.  She
seemed to be doing better but yesterday she was very lethargic and didn't
want to eat, so we took her back to the vet and she decided to open her
up.  She had little tumors all over her spleen and bladder and the
quality of her blood was very thin.  They closed her up and she only
lived another 10 min.  I guess she was just tired and fighting some kind
of cancer.

It's been a bad year at our "zoo" this year.  We've lost 7 ferrets and
one dog, and I worry about Sassy Britches' cagemate who doesn't like any
other ferrets.  I just hope the love and attention we can give him will
be enough.

Please, Sandee, would you greet little Sassy Britches and help her find
all our little fuzzies up there at the Bridge, specially her boyfriend,
Frito who left us in March.  I know she will be happy to see him most of
all.  Tell Sassy Britches we love her so much and wish we could have done
more for her.

Thank you so much Sandee.  Your kind words always help those of us who
have lost our special little fuzzies.

mjo and the zoo, Sassy Too, Frosty, Rocky, Bear, & Scooch, and the dog
Darwin (R.I.P. Nipper, Lightning, EZ, Cleo, Phantom, Lady Star, Bilbo,
Frodo, Frito, Pepper, Caesar, Tasha, Sabrina, Ragine, Topanga,
Phantom II, Sassy Britches, Duke and Garth)