From:
JudithMoon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 06:51:06 -0700
Well, I have to relate what I consider a beautiful story.  We have just
received two ferrets from Flemming Farms.  They arrived earlier this week
and one was Black Magic and she was bred to Doc Fremantle.  Her due date
was the same as one of my other ferrets, Surprise.  Late last night I went
to check on them and lo and behold ..... babies were arriving.  Since I
knew Surprise and she sometimes gets a bit nippy when the babies are here I
got my bottle of Ferretone to bribe her with.  She had some and then came
right up and crawled into my hands.  She laid there a bit as tho resting
and I noticed the contractions were starting again.  She rushed over to the
nest box and had a baby and came right back for more snuggling.  (She took
time to care for the baby first).

So I decided to check on Magic and she was busy with two babies.  She came
over a got a treat of Ferretone, but instead of going back to the babies
she stood up against my chest and proceeded to have another baby.
Afterwards I helped clean up the new arrival and held Magic a minute before
putting her back with her babies.

This was a truly magical and surprising moment.  :) :)
Moonsong Exotics, bred to be the perfect companion
http://moonsongferrets.virtualave.net