From:
Monica Mavis Shimmin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 08:01:17 -0500
This is my very first time posting although I've been reading all the ferret
digests for about a year now.

I'm the owner of 4 ferrets ... all are over 4 yrs old.  One of them, Puffy,
a sable male, had one of his adrenal glands removed in Fall 1996 and I still
haven't paid back the $700 that my friend helped pay to save Puffy's life.
Now ANOTHER one of my ferrets, Little Socky, is losing hair on her tail and
I know what that means ... ANOTHER possible surgery. :(  I know that I am
reacting to Little Socky's baldness much earlier than I did with Puffy's
baldness which went up his back.  Little Socky is only bald at the tip of
her tail but I'm reacting by taking her to the ferret vet at Pender in Fair
Oaks, VA this Saturday morning at 11 am.

Any money-saving advice any one of you can offer me?  Any donations perhaps?
I'm already grieving ...:(  I lost my mom suddenly last Oct 30th and I'm not
ready to lose Little Socky by using just medicines rather than surgery.  I
sense that a surgery to remove Little Socky's diseased adrenal gland is best
 ... and prolongs her life longer.  I adore her so.

ANY HELP, ADVICE, TIPS, ANYTHING!!!!  Please email me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you!

Monica