From:
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:58:29 -0400
Yesterday Jeff wrote an excellent comment on letting a ferret go when
the time comes.

I have had that very painful decision several times. I should have
helped Nibble-ed but she went on her own. Actually there were three I
had to help. I had happiness for their then being free of suffering but
in that same time deep despair for the loss of a valued and trusted
friend. Just an aminal, but one of my family that slept with me, ate
with me, and shared my home with me. They were as much a part of my
life as human family. But when it comes to a point when they will never
be able to overcome a problem and will suffer terribly, then that time
has come to issue the gift of freedom.

I should have helped Byte-me, and I went to work that day and told
people that I did not expect to find her alive when I got home, and
for sure that is what happened. Over the half century of life I have
had, one animal of the hundred or so I have had as a pet remains my
most favorite and that was Byte-me. As I type her picture is in front
of me, her memories are as fresh as if they happened just now. Yup, I
miss her deeply. Did I do what was correct? I don't know, is over now,
but .... oh well.

That is such a very hard decision to make. You will know when you have
to do that. Please be kind to your fuzzy, taking the life is not cruel
if you prevent suffering that will never improve.

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
Mechanicsville, Virginia, 23111
USA