From:
Kelleen Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 00:59:04 -0600
Hi all,

Well as you can see my new server is finally up and running as of tonite.
Can you believe this but since my old server was so awful neither David nor
I could connect at all in the past 4 or 5 days to download the new software
we needed just to change over?  Aarrgghh!  Well we finally did it so please
send all mail to [log in to unmask] now and it should get to me everytime
I try to get it I hope.  Anything has to be better than DMI was for us.  I
don't know what the problem was exactly but I dealt with it for a very long
time before I finally had to change so I could get my mail from all of you
reliably:-)

I hate to say this but it has been one crisis one right after another for
about 2 months or so now and that has kept me from posting much and still
is.  David arranged a ferret rescue last week and had delivered to him two
small boys in need af a new home.  A few problems tho, once at my house I
found they were two girls not boys!  Aarrgghh!  She had them for their
entire life of 1 1/2 years and took them to the vet etc... and everyone said
they were boys, no wonder they act the way they do.  What I mean by that is
that there is a second problem, one bites waaaaay to hard when overly
excited and the other is a stalking vicious little girl right now.  I am
trying very hard to earn their trust and make them realize they are safe
here.  Then we can really concentrate on the stop biting techniques.  I
can't even sit at the pooter without fear of having my feet viciously
attacked right now.  I have been nailed by her many times already.  I refuse
to call them by name as they were called Yacko and Wacko.  What a mean thing
to do in my opinion.  So right now the vicious one is often referred to as
MUNCH among other sweeter names and the other girl is only called by
sweetie, honey, baby girl, etc... I will probably let the new parents name
them if they can ever be rehabilitated enough to be adopted out.  God I hope
so as 11 permanent FANG GANG members is far too many as it is and I have yet
to find a single interested party for the 3 bros.  So right now I have 7
shelter kids here and my 11 making a total of 18.  WHEW!  Plus the two new
kids do not seem to understand the concept of using a potty box when they
have their freedom.  I have become the ever vigilant pooper picker upper:-)
Such fun <GGG>

Lightstar is doing great so far and he was perky and up and running right
after the surgery even.  I am really hoping once his hormones level out he
will become a sweet not too often fighter like the other wonderful kids are.
Otee's surgery has apparently failed to fix the pee pee problem and so off
to the vet again we must go.  Wow, my own kids are costing me a fortune
right now so I am sure glad the FANG FUND was able to cover all the shelter
kids needs without my personal financial help.  THANKS AGAIN to you all!  It
has also been a bad time as I was made aware of a threat to ruin FANG and I,
but I have now decided to ignore this person as I know the FML'ers are very
smart and will know a lie when they hear it.  Sweet Silver has yet to have
her spleen out but we hope to be able to afford it real soon.  My own kids
needs have to go directly on my credit card so once in awhile I have to wait
a few weeks to get things done if it is not a life and death matter:-) I
feel bad about it but plan to get it done asap.

Casey and CJ will go to a new home on Wednesday and be spoiled rotten as far
as I can tell.  The new Mommy has gone and bought all kinds of stuff even
before getting final approval from me to adopt.  The new Mommy did not want
to keep the names they had so Casey is now Cassie (No biggie there) and CJ,
well I need to tell you the background 1st.  This woman and her hubby had a
great dog named CJ awhile back.  They left on vacation and a burglar broke
in.  CJ was in his kennel but was such a loyal dog he tried desperately to
get out to defend his property.  Unfortunately his collar got caught in the
fencing and he hung himself.  The parents were nearly destroyed upon
learning this.  So CJ is just not an option here and I fully understand
that.  She called the other day to tell me the new names and when it came to
CJ she very quietly asked me if I would mind too much if she named her
Kelleen!  I nearly broke down and cried right there on the phone.  I managed
to hold it together long enough for her to finish all she wanted to say and
was so humbled by her compliments to me.  I said I did not mind and then
hung up and cried my heart out.  I am very bonded to little CJ and was
having the most terrible time facing the fact that she was now leaving me.
I honestly didn't know if I could go thru it and survive this time we were
that close.  I personally think that is the biggest danger in running a
shelter and the hardest of things I have to cope with here.  Once in awhile
a baby comes along that you just can't help but give your entire heart to.
I have now pretty much accepted her leaving but can't believe my sweet baby
will now carry on with my name too.  I find myself completely unable to call
her by that tho at this point:-) Sounds too weird to me <GG>.  Her new Mommy
seems very interested in helping FANG and getting really involved with us so
I am ever so grateful for that too.  I can always use all the help I can get.

PLEASE still keep Otee in your thoughts until we can figure this all out and
help him have a much better life than now.  He will go back to the vet
possibly tomorrow.  Also tomorrow I have an early a.m.  meeting with a woman
that runs another shelter in a nearby town that I met back at the Zamzow's
Pet Expo.  She told me she has developed a great donation base right here
and is willing to help me to do so also.  YAY!!  I am trying real hard to do
just that right now and so a lot of my time will be spent in doing as she
teaches me to do tomorrow.  Without all the help and donations from my
wonderful FML friends and now FANG members I could never have helped all the
little ones I have so far but now it is imperative I put all my spare energy
into developing a donation base right in my own state.  I cannot and will
not keep depending on out of state help only as it isn't fair to all of
those wonderful folks.  I just needed to find a teacher here that has done
what I need to do and is willing to help me also.  Now I hope I have found
just such a person.  Wish me luck guys:-)  So you can see how very busy life
suddenly became here for me:-)  Everytime I find homes for some of the
shelter kids I always get more to replace them and sometimes even before
they are gone <GGG>.  At least I know with me, David, Michell, Mom and the
rest of the FANG GANG crew they have a very good chance to live a wonderful
life from this point on.  I will post when I can and try to keep you at
least updated on the kids with short posts often.  If you ever need us
please feel free to write in private, I can always make time to help someone
really in need.  See ya soon hopefully!  TNT!

*        Kelleen Andrews  &  Her FANG GANG!!!!        *
*  President and Founder of F.A.N.G. Shelter/Club     *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*        405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705         *
*                208-342-7292                         *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *