Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2007 01:01:10 -0400
Hi.,guys, haven't been posting much lately,but always read the posts,
ect. I can't make this as brief as I'd like to...,sorry.,

This summer I have had health issues with scooter,and took him to 3
different vets plus 2 emergency hospital visits, and basically
confirmed what I had thought...,he needs adrenal surgery... Here is
the thing...,these visits to the vets,ect., combined,with no exrays,no
blood work,cost me $900.00 dollars,and 2 different quotes of surgery
prices,both saying it would cost $1000.00, from one vet,$980.00,from
the other vet. These are ferret vets from the list here. I read your
posts saying you had the surgery ect. And it always seems to be under
$300.00.,from what I'm reading., please tell me,am I missing something?
Do I just live in the wrong state, NH., I do not understand this
dramatic difference in cost!!!. Just last week I took him to a vet I
found on the lists here who I know is considered one of the best ferret
doctors.,traveled over an hour, got lost ect... was happy with the
doctor,had an exray, and blood work done,was quoted again, $950.00 to
$1050.00 for adrenal surgery, oh and this appointment cost me $310.00
dollars!!!! Now after all this bull,I don't have enough for the
surgery.,as between this summer ect.I am at almost $1500.oo,and no
surgery!!!

Please tell me how you guys get the prices you menstion in your
posts,and tell me what I'm doing wrong.,as I am sick to my stomach over
the fact that I may lose the best thing that's ever happened to
me,trying to figure out how to get this money together in time!!!
Please tell me how I can pay under $300.00 dollars,as this is a big
difference from$1000.00 dollars!!! Please feel free to email me with
any suggestions.

Also one last ?,has anybody used puritan prides melatonin on your
ferret? And do you think its ok to crush the melatonin,and put it in
his food? Does anyone have success with this combined with lupron?

And last off., yes I'm pushing my luck... has anyone been told that
your ferret has a big hart., enlarged heart., and what do you do,
different?

Thanks you guys.,I really appreciate your help.....

Sincerely.,
Deb.
--aliano