From:
James Makowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 08:55:52 -0500
Can anybody, particularly a member of a ferret organization, that lives
in the Princeton/Lawrenceville area check out a Pet Store called
Aquariums Plus Pets in the Pathmark shopping center (can't remember the
name of it at the moment).  The shopping center is on Route 1 South in
the Princeton area.  The shopping center consists of Pathmark, Staples,
Woolworth(?) and a bunch of smaller stores like Dunkin Donuts and Easy
Video.  They sell ferrets there, but I'm not sure they know how to care
for them prior to sale.  All of the ferrets I have seen them carry have
looked mangy (for lack of a better word) at the least.  The last time I
was in there they had two small ferrets.  One was a sable, the other (I
think) was a silver mitt.  The silver mitt looked very thin and it's coat
was dirty looking.  The stools in the corner looked a bit loose, but when
I asked if one of them was sick the saleswoman responded that she didn't
think so.  I told her my concerns and she "said" she'd have someone check
on it.  I haven't been able to get back there yet, but I'm wondering if
they even have a clue as to what a ferrets needs are.  I'm very timid
when it comes to confrontations with people whom I do not know, so I
wouldn't really be a person to make a stink.  If anybody can take a look
and see or talk to the manager or owner, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim Makowski