From:
Rick Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Apr 1999 20:33:33 -0600
Thank you all for your e-mails.  I am sad to say that it looks like I am
not alone in this problem.  But I am optimistic in saying that maybe
someday these specific idiots who cause us shelters our worse headaches,
nausea, and stress will someday go away and only responsible people will
venture into the world of pet owning.  This is not just a FERRET problem.
It involves all pets, but we are focused on Ferrets.

Some of you shared some stories with me that made me shake my head.  I
can't believe that there are such people out there, but there are.  Again I
say, I am sad to say we are not alone.  It seems idiots are all over this
huge country and continue to add to the list of stupid things that they do.

The one story that stuck in my mind was the person who called a shelter to
trade in their 8 year old ferret for a younger one.  What a freaking moron.
Did this idiots parents do drugs or what.  I don't know what I would say to
a piece of garbage like that.  My wife tells me that I must practice on my
people skills more.  Well stupid blankety blanks like that are not people.

Again, I say to everyone out there.  If you are considering entering the
world of FERRET Parenting, you better not have any plans for the next 10 or
so years.  If you start dating, make sure they meet your ferret before your
parents.  Because your future mate does not have to get along with your
parents, but they must be able to live with a fuzzie.  And if you plan to
move, make sure you don't forget your Ferret.  If you plan to have
children, remember your first child.

If you are already a Ferret Parent, remember the promise you silently made
when you brought that creature into your home.  Its forever.

Now the promise I would like you to make to me and on behalf of all the
future and present ferrets out there.  If you know of someone who is
thinking of becoming a Ferret Parent and you know that person is incapable
of the task.  Then you must do everything humanly possible to prevent the
suffering that poor unfortunate ferret is going to be subjected too.  You
have that obligation now.  Then maybe someday Ferret Parents might be able
to rub off on Dog Parents then Cat Parents, then bird parents, and all
pets.  No longer will a poor defensless animal be subjected to animal
control officers and no longer will they be euthanized.  Responsibility is
not a four letter word.

Rick
United Ferret Organization (note new address)
668 Union Square Ste 234, Sandy, Utah 84070
The United Ferret Organization is dedicated to the protectection of the
Domestic Ferret and education others about the wonderful companion they
make.