From:
Kim Schilling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:18:17 -0500
I still need to arrange a transport for a rescue fennec fox.  She's
located in LI near Huntington.  If I can arrange transport for her to
the Symposium, Bob Church will drive her to Chicago when he visits
afterwards.  I know very little about "Foxy" except that she's 2 1/2
years old.  We have several fennecs at home with varying temperaments,
from sweet and cuddly to........well, have you seen Cujo?  The owner
has not indicated that she's aggressive, but she will be scared.

Her upkeep will be simple.....medium carrier which should be provided
by the owner, water bottle and food dish.  Fennecs will generally eat
anything!  Iams kitten, dog food, fruits, veggies, even ferret kibble.
Fennecs are also generally very quiet.  I don't know if the hotel will
allow her to stay even if confined to the carrier, so if there's a local
ferret person attending the symposium who would be willing to watch her
until it's over, that would be fantastic!

I regret that I'll be unable to attend the symposium again this year
due to personal obligations.  Why don't you guys hold the 2004 gig in
Chicago???  Or even Indiana!

Thanks!

Kim Schilling