From:
"Dawn Smith, LOS National" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 10:11:37 EDT
I promised myself I would stay out of this arguement but I just wanted to
provide some background on the Ferret Store and maybe some possible
suggestions on how to approach this situation in the future.

The Ferret Store is a retailer not a supplier.  They sell products of all
different types.  They are not a manufacturer.  So not selling 8 in 1
products, as they stated, won't stop the sale of 8 in 1.  Understand that
if you want Marshall to stop selling you don't approach every single
store that selling them, you go to Marshall's directly.  May I suggest,
writing several letters and petitions to 8 in 1 directly.  Several others
have made petitions online to stop actions from happening or at least
bring light to actions.  I for one would love to sign the petition
against 8 in 1 but I don't believe the Ferret Store has done wrong.  The
Ferret Store has made several contributions to help shelters, rescues
and non profits alike.  They donation thousands each year to help the
ferret community.  I understand their position as a retailer, if they
stop then someone else makes the money they could have used to help the
community.  So, let's spread the word by petitions against 8 in 1.
They need to know their products are bad or cause problems.