From:
MotoBabe50 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Mar 1998 12:39:56 EST
Hi everyone....this is my first time posting to the list...

I bought my first ferret 2 weeks ago and have been reading the posts every
day, now I have a few questions of my own...

My ferret, Topaz, bless her heart...loves to scury around, making lots of
noise in the middle of the night.  I hear her scratching in her food dish,
zipping around in her cage, chewing the edges on it, and of course, the
incessant click-click-click of her water bottle while I'm trying to sleep.

My response at 3:30 am, when I'm dead tired,  "oh no...not again....damn,
she's thirsty!!!" and I pull the pillow over my head, but it doesn't drown
out that clicking noise!!

Topaz is 7 months old and I guess my question is: do adult ferrets
eventually sleep thru the night??  I imagine I'll just have to "get used to
it".  Any suggestions???

Another question: I live in North Jersey (Hoboken), can anyone recommend a
Vet in the area??

One more: I also have an Iguana, Jade, and I'm very nervous about introducing
them to each other.  I'm actually more worried about Topaz getting hurt than
about Jade.  I can picture Topaz running up to her and Jade will just whip
her tail and that can hurt (I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ABOUT THAT
ONE)...Soooooo....does anyone have any experience with reptile/ferret
interaction??

feel free to email me directly at [log in to unmask]

thanks for listening!!
I really enjoy reading everyone's comments every day!!

Stephanie

Topaz "My favorite things in life: crinkly bags, biting mommy's toes, and
waking her up at 3:30 every morning!!"

Jade "I'm very good at remaining frozen in place, not moving for hours, my
main exercise in life is blinking....keep that rambunctious fuzzy thing away
from me!!"