From:
Morgan Willard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 14:25:53 -0400
Okay, so my command of the English language is sadly lacking.  Let me see if
I can re-word with a bit more accuracy.

I was buying a 2 pound bag of 8-1.  The food alone cost $6.00 per bag or
$3.00 per pound.  Not to mention the 2 hour round trip and accompanying gas
to buy this food.

Buying TF directly from the company, with shipping and handling as well as a
$4.75 C.O.D.  charge (because I am horribly impatient and didn't want to
wait until they received and cleared my check), I received TF at my door for
about $2.60 per pound in the 20# size.

So, no, I did not buy a 20# bag of TF for $6.00.  Had that been the case,
you most definitely would all have heard the YIPPEEEEE!  without having to
sign on to hear it.  I bought a 20# bag for $47.20 (before S&H) and without
the aggravation of driving 2 hours only to find that they sold out of the
food between the time I called and my arrival (yes, it has happened).  In
addition, I received the added convenience of having delivered to my door a
quality food that cost less.  Not that 8-1 isn't a quality food.  I don't
mean to start a food flame war and this is not an advertisement.  My little
guys did quite well on 8-1.  It was a question of economics and convenience
IN ADDITION TO nutrition.

I just want to pass along a little helpful information to others, like me,
who have a difficult time of finding food at a reasonable price and with
some convenience for the fuzzmonsters.  Unfortunately, I am not terribly
articulate much of the time.

Okay, was that better?  Hopefully, that was better.  I guess that'll teach
me not to send mail without rereading first, eh?  Nah, probably not.  I'll
just depend on y'all to keep me in line.  :oD

Thanks, everbody.  Let me know if you have any luck

Morgan