From:
Laurel Gilbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 1995 23:59:20 -0400
Hello, all.

Well, according to the sexing advice I got from so many helpful people here,
Coco is a male.  However, I/we can't stop calling him "she," so we're
serriously thinking of making her "permanent nickname" Orlando.  (I giggle
every time I think this....)

SHE IS SO FUN!!!  I heart my ferret.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for the carpet suggestions.  We are looking for
the plastic stuff suggested...until then, I've taken a baby gate, wiggled it
in at a 45 degree angle, and thrown a towel over it.  Orlando/Coco can't
seem to figure out how to get over the top of this contraption, and leaves
ONE door alone, at any rate.

She was biting with a VENGANCE tonight....strange for her...she seems to
have settled down a lot, but tonight she wanted to PLAY hard.

There is a ferret at our "local" (30 mintues away in Toledo) pet store
that's been there a while.  It's an albino male, QUITE young, who is lonely,
and shut up in an aquarium all the time.  Unfortunately, the store wants
$129 for him.  He is descented and fixed, but I can't aford it.  But every
time I go in there, I feel so sorry for him, I contemplate seeing if he'd
crawl up my sleeve and hitch-hike outta there with me.  :-)  what do you
suppose min penalty is for shop-lifting a forgotten and lonely ferret??  :-)

Off, all.  Thanks for the help...

Laurel in Ohio with the zoo....
"a complicated life has so many opportunities..." -Karen Finley
Laurel Gilbert, American Culture Studies     [log in to unmask]
Bowling Green State University, Ohio         http://www.bgsu.edu/~lgilber/