From:
Gina Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 12:45:18 -0500
EAR PROBLEMS
I noticed Shannon's FML post regarding her woozle's ear wax problem, and I
thought that I would offer a suggestion.  My ferts recently had a bacterial
infection that caused the same symptom that she described (heavy orangish
wax production).  If your ferrets have similar symptoms, talk to a vet about
this possibility and ask him or her for a two-week course of Tresaderm ear
drops.  It worked wonders for the problem, and all of my guys now have
happy, healthy ears.  A final note- it is a good idea to treat all of the
weasels in the household when one has an ear problem.  These infections seem
to be particularly contagious, so be sure to get medication enough for all.

Cheers,
Gina Hart/Sage Ferrets
[log in to unmask] (home) or [log in to unmask] (work)
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/2040