From:
Skip Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 1995 23:51:13 -0500
Greetings All!

I've been lurking on the FML for a few weeks, and of course I've become
addicted to it.  It's cut down on my TV-time, but I suppose I can live
without Seinfield - Not!.

I share a couple of the critters with their mother, my xSO.  Their names
are Mugsy and Lacy, and our favorite nickname for them is butthead
(interchangably between them - but it's usually Lacy that earns the
distinction).

While we've never had a problem with them squeezing under doors, they were
quite determined to dig a tunnel under my bedroom door.  It's the only room
they're not allowed into - so of course they consider it a personal
challenge to prove that they can get in.  My carpet was starting to look
more like burlap, and then one day I stumbled upon the perfect solution
while strolling through a hardware store.  It was a wooden threshold -
they're actually designed to go underneath the door frame (before the door
is installed), so I had to cut it to size and notch it out, but then it
just popped into place.  It works great, and it looks good too.  Might work
for you too, Christine.

Something else I found at the hardware store was pvc drain pipe.  It's
cheaper than dryer vent and you can get elbow and T-fittings to arrange it
into all kinds of shapes.  At first, I had it in the living room, behind
the couch and the desk - barely noticable - but my friends accused me of
catering to my girls just a little too much.  So, when my xSO moved out,
they got their own room, and I moved it in there.

Angela was asking about treat ideas.  Something I haven't seen mentioned in
the short while that I've been reading the FML is banana chips.  My two love
them - when I need to round them up in the morning to put them in their
room, all I have to do is crinkle the bag and they come running.  One note
though, it pays to shop around, banana chip prices seem to vary widely.