From:
Gary Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:23:49 -0500
Hi.....

I am writing this Email to you all to inform you of what is happening with
the NC Ferret Show.  Back in June of this Year we wanted to Put on a show
here and have a the AFA Sponsor it for us.  We talk to the Director of Show
and Events with the AFA and all was a go.  The Director had set the Date
for Jan 15th-16th, since then we have gone all out to get prepared for the
Upcoming Show.  I have had Lots of People Email me For Show Packet and For
Information and Directions to Hickory, NC, which has a population in
Caldwell & catawba counties of 200,000+ which includes the Lenora, Granite
Falls, and Hickory Greater Area.  We are Located 1 Hr from Charlotte,NC and
Wintston-Salem NC.  Vendors had responded in great Numbers, as well as
people wanting Show Packets to show there Loving Ferret off.  Well to get
to the Point, I received an Email from the Director of Show and Events with
the AFA only to let me know that they were postponing the Show.  Now I am
asking you the Ferret Community, Do you want the Show to go On?  I feel
that we can get the Sponsorship that we need from Corporate and other
places, and have judges from the Area Vets come out to Judge, or even get
some Judges from other Ferret Org.  PLEASE!!!  EMAIL me ASAP with your YES
or NO Answer to keep the Show going, [log in to unmask] <<<<I must have
Replies by this Weekend (Dec13th), to commit ourselves to this

                1st Ferret Mania '99 of Western Carolina

As of this Post, we have Confirmation with the Red Roof Inn for $60.00
per night, with NO PET DEPOSIT!!!  The Show hall Is Fully Heated with
electrical Outlets in the Floor for Anyone wishing to have Electric Plug
in's.  If you are a Vendor or shelter/Club, and would Like Further
Information on Prices for Booths and setup times, Please Email Me By Dec
13th.  I want to apologize to those of you that have sent in Email to me
for Show Packets, and Information, for giving such a short Notice, But we
didn't Receive Email from the Director of Shows and Events with the AFA
till the Evening of Mon Dec 7.  If you Previously sent Me Email Requestion
Information or Show Packets, PLEASE RESEND...I need to Start a compleate
New DataBase for this Event.

Further More I want to ask you, the Ferret Community for your support to
us, as we are going to work Hard the next Few Weeks to become the "Western
Carolina Ferret Association" and have charter Membership for you.  We will
be needing HELP With ALL Phases from Board of Directors to Chief Editors
for the "Western Carolina Ferret Report" which will be mailed out Monthly
to all Members of Good Standings.  We will be Looking for Full time Help
and Part time Help, So here is YOUR Chance to Become Part of your Ferrets
Life and Well Being.  If interested Please Send me and Email with what kind
of helper you would like to be.

I want to thank all of you For taking the Time to read this, and for you
wanting to be Part of this Vital Ferret Association, as we want to be you
source of leading Ferret information.  I want to send Special Thanks to
Margaret Lehman Director of the Ferret Shelter in Hendersonville, NC for
her Support to us and our Ferrets, with out you, people Like her, Ferrets
would have it pretty tough.  Keep up the Good work to all of you.

Thanks,
Judy & Gary Skinner
Western Carolina Ferret Shelter, Rescue & Club
Judy & Gary Skinner
3219 Oran Yount Ln
Granite Falls, NC 28630
828-396-8117