From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 07:11:01 EDT
I just noticed that the last 2 days my ferret has started leaving food in
his bowl.  Previously he didn't leave ANY not even a crumb in the bowl.
He'd make whatever you gave him no matter how often you gave it to him
disappear within MINUTES continually.  The only thing I've given him
different is a "cheweasel"because I thought he might like a treat/snack
whatever he'd consider it.  He has eaten all the points but I decided to
wait after that and see if it agreed with him.  (When I give him cheweasels
do I have to do that?  Like when you give him new foods to try...a trial
period to see how it affects him?  Do I limit his intake of them?  If so
how often can he be allowed to have them?)

I brought home a 5lb bag of Totally Ferret and after I dumped it into his
food bin (I find it easier to store that way.  Rather than have bags all
over the place I have Rubbermaid stackables for every animal I have.) I
gave him the empty bag which he loved crawling in and licking the crumbs
out.

But I noticed that night that he hasn't ate like a pig since.  Should I be
concerned or do ferrets change their behaviors like that?  He seems happy,
he poos/pees normal, he's active.

Could he be calming down?  I've noticed that he seems calmer lately.  He
still gets into stuff but he doesn't do it as often as he used to?  Or is
it just me?  Am I just getting used to him and it just doesn't seem as
bad???

I have gotten used to his smell and the last week I've had a cold.  I'm now
starting to get over my cold and to tell you the truth...I'm GLAD to be
able to SMELL my ferret!  Usually people are complaining about the smell
but after you've had a clogged up head for days and can't smell anything
you sure do appreciate the smell of things more.  :-) Not that I liked the
cow manure spreading they were doing the other day that we happened to
drive by(I could smell that with the clogged head.) but you probably know
what I mean.  :-)

Who knows.  His personality changed when I brought home a big cage for him
and now that he's seen that big bag of food his personality seems to have
changed a bit again.  Maybe it's just me.

Faith