From:
Tina Femea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 08:59:51 -0600
Just got back from a Christmas at my mothers with the ferrets.

Here's my question - I've got a biter.  She's getting better (hasn't bitten
me in a week or so), but she still bites other people when she gets rowdy
(most of the time, but that's a different issue).  Here's the problem - my
mother is HIV+.  I kept her in the cage when Mom was around just to be safe,
but...

Anyway, to the question: What if she _does_ manage to bite Mom?  I'm
relatively sure that ferrets aren't one of the animals that can get AIDS
(just monkeys and humans, right?) - but what I'm concerned about is her
carrying the virus, and passing it to someone else who she might then later
bite.

Do any vets know?  My mother loves the little critters (and I'd like to be
able to use her as a sitter at some point), but I'm really worried about
them....

Tina Marie