From:
Kym Zorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:00:01 -0500
Hi all,

We're currently battling a respitory infection that has us stumped.
Several of our ferrets have come down with something - lots of congestion,
sneezing, and coughing.  Of our current group of sixteen, three have had it
and gotten over it, and two currently have it.  We're trying Baytril now,
but it doesn't seem to have much effect.  I am running a warm-mist baby
vaporizer , and the sick ferrets gravitate to that side of the cage.  It
does ease their breathing, and quiets the coughing.

This seems just like the common cold in humans.  My vet is under the
impression that this is a virus - indeed, it's acting like one.

Anyone have any experience with something like this ?  Any thoughts, etc.
would be appreciated.

Kym Zorn Long
Wayward Weasel