From:
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 23:27:11 -0700
>From:    Micki Wingate <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: GLFA SHOWS
>Thought I better set the record straight regarding Bill and Diane's
>accusations regarding our Standard of Perfection and exhibitor book.

No its your side.  We express our personal point of view and not the AFA's.
Examining the documents in question is the only way to really set the
record straight.  We can both blather endlessly about who does or doesn't
know what and what not - doesn't get us anywhere.

>I would first like to tell everyone that I immediately called the AFA
>chair of the Judge's committee to ask her what items they felt the GLFA
>had "borrowed" especially the proprietary ones.  She indicated to me
>that she had no idea what Bill was talking about.

Try laying the books side by side and going word for word.  Other bits can
be traced to other standards.  Regardless of the source there was enough
lifted from copyrighted sources to be at best questionable.  Concepts are
not the same as entire paragraphs.  Most new "standards" are not quite as
free in borrowing verbage - they usually go out of their way to express
their concepts in a new light.  A new standard wouldn't be needed if there
wasn't a preception that the old one was flawed.

Georgia Bailey was not the right person to ask.  She wasn't on the trip
where we and our traveling companions saw the plagarism.  It was recognized
that a friendship existed between you and Ms Bailey.  We didn't tell her.

We also have most of those older references on hand as well.  The
"borrowings" from others sources including NAFA are apparent as well.

As the AFA appears to be doing nothing about it (and that would not be the
judge's committe in the first place it would be a legal issue not a "judge's
issue"), you are getting a ride.

I don't have the materials on hand or I'd cite page and line.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]