From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 05:56:19 -0400
This comes from the notes from my Nutrition class:

"Brewer's yeast is an excellent source of protein, B vitamins, amino acids
and at least 14 different minerals.  It is especially high in chromium,
which makes it effective in improving blood sugar metabolism and in
reducing serum cholesterol levels.  It is one of the best immune-enhancing
supplements available in food form.

It helps in wound healing due to increased production of collagen.  It has
antioxidant properties which also enhance healing.  It improves skin texture
and is helpful in removing blemishes so it has been used as a natural facial
mask."

Personally, I get the brand *without* added garlic due to the danger of
Heinz body anemia to my pets.  (I have an article on garlic/onion toxicity
from the JAVMA, if you would be interested.)

- Ela

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483