From:
Desiree Speelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 23:48:01 -0500
Hello all, I am reaching out to anyone who has had experience with
gastric ulcers in their precious furbaby.  I currently have one who has
this problem and I don't know who is more sick over it, him (Smeagle) or
me.  We have been to the vet, had X-Rays and have medications and all the
like, but I am concerned that my constant forced medicine and feedings
are even more stressful for my baby and that worries me.  I even pulled
off a "Duck Soup" recipe and made a batch to feed him, but he of course
does not like it.  Since last week I have been administering something
(food and meds) morning noon and night, literally.  I even come home at
lunch to feed/care for him.  I feel so bad for him, but I know that I am
doing the best I can for him right now.  I even mix meds with food to
reduce the number of forcings and try to hold him a lot so that he does
not see me and think about a scruffing and forced yuckies in his mouth.

If anyone has any additional thoughts, tips, hints, or suggestions about
his gastric ulcer, I would more than welcome them.  I myself may develop
an ulcer thinking about how he does not feel good and that there is
nothing more I can do except let time and medication heal him.  I have
done a lot of reading about it, but I wanted to hear from trusted FML
members.

Thank you everyone.  I always value your opinion!

Desiree and her business of 10 cherished furbabies, Nashville, TN.