From:
C Kroupa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:05:11 EST
My understanding (best friend is a lawyer - I am not) is that even though a
waiver is signed, all it really does is show intent in court.  You can't
sign away your right to sue, and in the case of the Dept.  of Health, you
can, in some states, be committing a crime by NOT reporting a bite,
regardless of what was signed.  (My friend passed the BAR in MI btw) I think
that the waiver thing would just confuse the issue, if not make it worse...
i.e. the necessity for a waiver at all tends to imply danger.  If nothing
else, YOU could be personally sued for "negligence" if a ferret bit someone.
Or "harboring a dangerous animal" ... or who knows what they'll think of
next.

Re: bovines, lupines, felines, etc... Mustelidine sounds good to me... but
would the victim of a cow-tipping fert be a mustelo-bovine incline?

Otter (Riverine)