Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:55:32 +1300
Unfortunately, I have to pass on the news that, despite what the Ministry
of Agriculture and Forestry have told me on several occasions in the past,
some of the ferrets I've sent over to the US have tested positive for ADV.

While some ferrets tested positive, most (who are positive) are thus far
showing no signs of having active Aleutians, and the other ferrets in the
households are testing negative, despite constant exposure over a long
period of time.

I sincerely apologise for the necessity of this.  When I'd discovered about
the possibility of ADV in New Zealand, I double checked with MAF (Ministry
of Agriculture and Forestries) and was told that it definitely was not in
New Zealand.  In fact, it was pointed out to me by MAF that it was stated
on the health certificate *required* to send the ferrets to the US (and
which accompanied all of my ferrets over) that there was no Aleutians in
New Zealand.  Hindsight, unfortunately, doesn't help in this case.  So far,
some are positive, most are not.

On a brighter note (for me, anyway!) my wedding plans are progressing, and
with only a few days before the big day, I'm offline more than on!  Please
send any contact via email so that I may respond when I do get near the
computer.

Sam (ecstatic that I'm getting married, but wishing that events hadn't
facilitated the need for this email)