From:
Beth Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:23:52 -0600
Well I finally did it.  I Finally did the flooring for the cage.  I had put
off doing it for several reasons - mostly I had no idea how to.

I have pretty much resigned myself to the fact that my girls will never be
litterbox trained - but you know I really don't care.Their designated
bathroom is right next to the litterbox, how many times have we heard that
one?  But I really got sick of washing blankets every day because they
dragged it into that corner and then peed on it.  I also got sick of
scrubbing the stuff that got stuck in-between the wire every other day.

So my girls have linoleum flooring on the bottom level of the cage now.  And
I think I just died and went to heaven.  It is so nice to be able to come
home and with one paper towel pick it all up in one swipe and then come
back with my cleaner.  It is so much simpler.  And their cage stays cleaner
because I don't mind cleaning it 3 or 4 times a day.

I couldn't figure out what to do with the upper levels.  I ended up sewing
some quilted material (old placemats) to the two upper levels.  I really
don't think they appreciated all the work I put into it but oh well I like
to think that its more support for their feet than the receiving blankets,
and it looks nicer.

I spent this time revamping their cage because they have to spend more time
in it than I would like then to since I live in an apartment.  After the
housecleaning that Frumpstiggle let me know I needed to do, I found that I
need to better ferret proof my kitchen.  (After chasing her across the room
with my watch to just barely miss her going under the dishwasher where I
discovered she stashed a lot more than I thought under there.) I need to
figure out a way to block off that space without making any permanent
changes that my landlord won't like.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

Beth, Minerva & Frumpstiggle the marsh wiggle
in Denver, CO