From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 13:18:54 -0500
Hi Folks-
It's the almost gone bye Calendar boy Jerimiah-- I so will miss not being
the shining face on the calendar page :(

And we had some other saddish news.  Our shelter star" Mr Casper Cheweasel
Ferretwise"- has faded away.  He took his last foamy frie and headed to
the bridge on Sunday.  The folks here have been so very sad the best
beggar ( that's what they called him) no longer is at their feet.

Here spent many a day at Ferret Wise getting better- he was almost starved
to death and then had a huge hairball in his belly..  Dr Karen removed it
and he started to get healthier.  Casper was a funny fellow- He NEVER knew
he was a ferret.  He used to scream at all the kids..  I remember the
stories.  Finally they had to take him out of the shelter and he got along
great with the upstairs cat-- then finally he got to go to a hospice home
where he lived with several old kitties who he adored.  He adored the
canned cat food, the kitty treats any old treats that Casper adored

Well we are a tiny bit sad as it is retest time for the ADV's test at
Ferret wise which means we all get to the vets next week and they takes
blood samples to send out-- so until all the tests come back we can't get
anymore company in and no one can go to new places-- so sad :(

I will have to devise a plan to keep everyone on their toes.  I am so
waiting for the Easter ferret... what could he be bringing this time?

Well meanwhile there is hammies and fun stuff on ebay and all of the
auctions will help us get tested so we can have new homes and help keep
ferrets healthy!  If you need a Spring Fling surprise for someone- please
check out the goods.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult
&query=ferret+wise&ht=1&itemtimedisp=0&st=2&SortProperty=MetaEndSort
&Basic

I am writing more stories to tell yas - as I have plenty to tell!  There
has been so much going on at the shelter.  Miss Curly is awaiting an
adrenal surgery-- but we have to test first mama says -- so she can
recover quickly-

All in all I am really disappointed in the lack of snow we did not get
quality snow play this year- I sure hope the Spring sets a better example.
Stay tuned and be good hope the Easter ferret brings you all plenty of
sunshine , smiles and treats!

Your pal,
  Jerimiah FerretWise
mascot, Ferret Wise Shelter