From:
KattPatt of Sammy's Clubhouse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2013 07:16:35 -0800
I am looking for advice on a granulation tissue wound.

Nate is an old ferret who came to us as a lost boy. Owner never found.
He had a small cut on his rear pad that did not want to heal correctly.
Of course he also poo's everywhere and often so keep his feet clean is
a real challenge. The wound is now granulated tissue and so far we are
trying Otomax ointment (Gentamicin and betamethasone with clotrimazole)
twice daily when I can get him to curl up and sleep. Usually after some
ferretone on the belly works.

I have dealt with proud flesh with horses and know you can wrap it but
can't remember how long and what ointment goes on it before the wrap.
And since this is a not to clean ferret, if I wrap his foot what would
work best to keep the poo from soaking into a wrap?

I am desperately trying to prevent a foot amputation at this point.

And yes he is under veterinarian care.

Thanks
Kathy of Sammy's Clubhouse Spokane Ferret Rescue and Education
Main website:   https://sites.google.com/site/sammysclubhouse
Like us on Facebook!  Adopt your next pet from Petfinder.