From:
R Greene / A Maunder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 21:21:51 -0700
Hi Fellow Ferret Fanciers!

FAILING FERRET MATH TEST - THANKS!: Thanks so much to all who responded -
with wonderful support - regarding Oliver and failing the ferret math test.
You really helped calm my frazzled nerves.  Special thanks to Sandy for the
e-mail!

Just thought I'd write in to let you know he's doing just fine.  He's right
back to his old self - and then some!  His appetite appears even better than
before and he's looking for his old favourites - raw spuds, fresh green
beans and red peppers - in a big way!  As cuddly as he was before, he's
EXTRA cuddly now.  I'm rather enjoying it!  :)

He's just the sweetest furball.  Yesterday, he hopped into the shower with
me before I could even get my hair lathered!  (Usually, when it's his shower
day, I call him in when I'm just about done so that I can dry him off right
after.) I guess he just wasn't willing to wait for his shower.  He insisted
on being picked up right away and cuddled down on my shoulder letting the
water run down over his back - just closed his little eyes and sighed.
Sometimes I swear he's human!  :)

A FERRET SAND-BOX: Ollie's an accomplished plant-digger.  Since he enjoys it
so much, I got him a couple of bags of aquarium gravel for his birthday.
(Non toxic, epoxy coated) I spread them out in the bottom of his old cage -
sandbox style.  He loves it!  In fact, he's now beginning to store his toys
in there.  It would appear he considers it his "toy box".  I've been
watching him closely and he's not getting any in his nose or mouth.  Has NO
interest in eating - just loves digging and scooping the gravel between his
front paws while backing up.  Anyone else wishing to try this - I'd
recommend watching closely... I'm not sure if ALL fuzzies would react the
same way.  Oliver seems to be quite good about not eating what's not edible.

DOOKS, KISSES and NOSENIBBLES to ALL!  (Special cuddles for sick fuzzies and
their parents - we're thinking about you.)

Andrea - "Yes, Ollie, you can come up and cuddle AGAIN!"
Oliver - "That's how I know you reawy wuv me!"