From:
Steve and Diane Bodofsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:46:27 -0800
I just received a call from a woman in northern Minnesota, just outside of
Fargo, North Dakota.  It seems someone abandoned a ferret near her home,
complete with cage and other items.  The ferret is running free.

The woman didn't know much about ferrets, but she did know it wouldn't
live without help.  So she began feeding it and giving it water daily.
She hasn't tried to catch it, because she can't find anyone nearby who
would be interested it giving it a home.

I spoke with her, and she's now going to try to capture the ferret using
a Have-a-Heart trap.  She isn't planning to keep it, but doesn't want to
see it starve or freeze (thankfully there are still some people like that
around!)

If anyone can take this ferret, please give us a call at 215-357-3699,
and we'll put you in touch with the woman.

Thanks,
Steve and Diane Bodofsky
The Last Chance Ferret Rescue, and
The New Rainbow Bridge