From:
Georgina Barratt-See <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 17:30:11 +1000
Hi everybody!

I've seen a few rice box questions like what is a rice box!!  I feel
obligated to answer as I was the one that originally posted about
my Dora eating the rice in the rice box (not that I ever need a
reason to write to FML : )

Anyway, my rice box is about 1 foot by 2 foot by 1 foot high and is
half filled with LONG GRAIN (not instant cook) rice.  Endora and
Tabitha both love wrestling in it.  Chasing each other and bounding
over it (leaping tall boxes in a single bound - well almost :)  and
generally going crazy.  I was worried because sometimes Dora
seemed determined to just sit in there and eat the rice -
methodically chewing away.  It comes straight out in the poop, but
I supervise their play time and generally pick Dora out of the box
and try to distract her to stop her from eating it.

I know that with the design of some boxes some people have made
lids, because the rice can fly around!!

Ferrets seem to love to snorkel in it as well.  Apparently though it
doesn't smooth down their nails like digging in dirt - but with white
carpet in my room, dirt ain't an option!!

Anyway, feel free to email me if anyone has any questions, or if I've
said something wrong.

Cheers to all, and big thanks to Sandee and BIG who do such
great jobs.  I send out a "verse of the day" quote from the Bible
every day for my friends (every day that I'm at work) and that's such
a "never-ending job" though I don't mind.  I really appreciate the
consistent effort they put in.

Thanks BIG & Sandee!

Georgina, in Australia, with Tabitha and Endora (the mischievous
"bewitched" rascals who just make me laugh) :-)