From:
Kris S Mewton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2008 00:10:25 -0500
Good Morning Fml & Happy New Year:

I would like to respond to the two (2) post's about the Giving Tree.
(Again!!)

First to Ferret Guardian Rescue:
>On November 18th we sent our ferrets' information to the
>giving tree but they never made it up for some reason.

Let me give You the reason - I have received nothing from you or the
shelter about putting anyone on the Trees. If you do not send me the
information - they cant be put up. Sorry to sound so crass, but you
are the third shelter that has posted saying you have sent me the
information and haven't. If you still have that e-mail - please do
resend it - I would like to read it and put it up - but I will need
the original. Just cut and Paste with the date of the original. The
Tree's will be up until All ferrets are up and has Santa's.

Now for ' Anonymous ' :
Thank you for your uplifting post.

>I don't care what Kris has to say:

I am glade you don't care, but as I posted to others - get your facts
straight. Unless you are going through every single page each day, you
have no clue as to what I have or haven't done... For your information
- I run 4 different programs @ one time , that I have to update so I
can answer questions or direct Santa's to the correct ferrets that they
chose or the addy of the shelter they chose the ferret from. NOT an
excuse - just letting you know.

(P.S. - I also read all the e-mail's that are sent about the Tree's.
Even about my mess up's)

>This is the first year that the tree has been up that it was not
>finished by Christmas

You are correct - Also this is the first year we've had 825 ferrets on
the Tree'.

>in at least 4 days, unless he is simply forgetting to hit his
>"publish" button.

( I Know how to use my programs. Yep I'm old but not that forgetful )

>It was NOT updated the week before Christmas, resulting in ferrets not
>getting Santa's "

How do you figure it's my fault that because it wasn't updated (which
it was)- that's the reason babies didn't get a Christmas??? ( By the
way - It was updated ( Ask my Wife))

>As I understand it from doing online work, a "real time inventory"
>program would handle that issue- Jeffer's pet could help with that

Who is Jeffer's Pet?? (you??), There are a few programs that I need to
use - but cannot afford @ this time. If you are doing online work you
should know that it takes time to resize pics - turn them into flakes -
re-write the stories in a format that works in your web site program-
then upload to the server,make a page and rename it - then put all that
info on it to make it the ferrets page. Then after you do that - go
back , read the Santa list and go threw a few more (10) steps to
Finnish updating your information.

Now I'm saying all this for a reason - As of the 29th of December there
has been only 4 Secret Santa's that have filled out the form and only
two privet e-mail's letting ME know that they have picked ferrets off
the Tree. So as you put it - I didn't find it an emergency to put up
the few Stocking within those couple day's. I figured I would spend it
with my wife and Little ones (ferrets, dogs & cat), then get back to
work on it on 1-2-08. I guess you are absolutely right - I have NO
reasons for my actions!!

>I'm not slamming Kris

HUH - oh, ok thanks

>Most of us have offered to help.

First - I feel uncomfortable giving out my password & site addy so
others can up date information on my web site. ( Sorry )

>The point I'm making here is that the Giving Tree should not rest
solely with one person- it becomes overwhelming

Second - So like - are you supporting me?? or starting to understand??

So to end this nonsense, I will be doing this for the next few years
for sure - The DMK rescue made this a Special Christmas that pulled
those babies out of a situation that some of them would not of survived
to enjoy their freedom if it did not happen (no matter how it came
down).

So if I have hurt any feeling's this Year I'm sorry, but I'm doing the
best I can do without neglecting my family & my own pet's or my health
or work. I can't figure out why some need to complain under a Anonymous
Poster name - You can e-mail me directly @ [log in to unmask] and work
with me and give suggestions for next year. I have received many thank
you from shelter's and Secret Santa's this year, and I thank you from
my heart. I also have had offers to help ( now & next year). This
year's is almost over(07 trees) - next year I will recruit the one's
that have offered their help.

Either way - I wont give up on the Tree's -- It is something very
special to my heart and to every shelter and Santa's that have given
positive responses to me.

God Bless & Happy New Year

Kris S Mewton