From:
Stephanie Bass <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:01:46 -0600
ATTN 8 in 1 FERRET FOOD GIVERS:

I opened a fresh 5 lb bag of 8 in 1 ferret food last night to find
disc, or donut, shaped kibble inside the bag.  As opposed to the normal
cross-like, much smaller shape.  Luckily, Abe still has food in his dish
because I wasn't about to give him this.  This shape wouldn't have even
fit in his mouth!  They were at least the size of nickels.  I highly
doubted that 8 in 1 would change the shape, especially since the outside
of the bag still had the "old" shape on it.  So I called 8 in 1 this
morning and told them about it.  She said to definitely not feed it to
Abe, duh.  And that no, they did not change the shape.  They are shipping
me a fresh bag for Abe.  In the meantime, if anyone else encounters this
just call them.  It was the 8 in 1 5lb bag, UPC #2685100406, and the
"Date Code" was 12-6-08.  To be proactive- just don't buy any new bags
with that date on it.

Real quick cute story, I finally got Abe to start eating better.  And
the CUTEST thing happened last night.  We got messy.  Really messy.  I
decided to try feeding Abe duck soup (just water, ferret kibble, IAMS
kitty food, and 8 in 1 chicken canned food blended to a liquid) through
the syringe again, since prior he refused to.  The problem: the hole was
still sort of small.  So occasionally a burst of food would come flooding
out of the syringe and Abe would get a mouth full of food.  Needless to
say it was all over me, him, the carpet, and the towel we were on.  I
didn't want to stop to make the hole bigger bc he was eating so well so
we just hammered through it.  He has never eaten so much of the stuff
before!  But at one point there much have been a bigger piece of kibble,
because Abe lifted his head for a second to catch up with the food in his
mouth and I shot a cr*p load of food straight onto his neck!  Food every
where!  He didn't care!  He just kept eating!  I have never been so happy
about his progress.  He tried to "pick up" the syringe several times too
to take it with him!  Hey Mikey, I think he likes it!  Needless to say he
is getting a bath this weekend!

Happy my baby feels better,

Stephanie and Abey Messy Baby