From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 10:32:55 -0500
We use plain old soap and water usually.  This could be Murphy's Oil Soap
when we also happen to be washing the wood floors.  Also, I can't see
anything wrong with something like Mr. Clean.  Products with ammonia or
bleach are really not that bad.  Both of those additives are extremely
volatile and completely gone when the cage dries.  We use ammonia-based
window cleaner for ferret boo boos all over the house.  We have this
probably not very well supported suspicion that they dislike the smell and
will not boo boo in the same spot again.  And, of course, whatever you do,
don't mix ammonia and chlorine bleach.  :)

-Catherine