From:
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 18:03:02 EST
Hi, for those who don't know me, my name is CJ and i run the 24 Carat
Ferret Rescue And Shelter in Las Vegas Nevada.  We currently have around
40 ferrets in our care on a daily basis.  We also rescue some other animals
as well, we have 2 coatimundis, 4 dogs, 10 cats, 2 ducks, last time I
checked anyway, hehe.

I was told about the FML from a friend a little over a year ago.  Since
then I have made some wonderful friends from this list.

Our open house in Nov went great, thanks to all who attended, donated, etc.
I'll give personal thanks in a few days.  Thinks have been very crazy
around here

On a sad note we lost our little girl Skinny Minnie on Nov 20th.  she died
after surgery, had a urgical complication and crashed after her surgery.
Minnie was with me for over a year, close to 2.  she came to us very
malnurished but had the will to survive.  she had sx earlier this year and
had her splen and left adrenal removed.  It semed that after her friend
Johnny rebel died she got very ill, we did 2 blood transfusions as she was
constantly going anemic.  We send her bone marrow in post mortem and it
came back as depleated.  she was going to leave me soon as it seems.  Her
death was devistating to me and I have her sleep hammy under my pillows at
night just to still smell her.  I know johnny will be happy to se her, but
we all miss her so much here.  i mis her screeching when a ferret would
just walk a little to close to her, or Geezer would groom her a little to
roughly.

Skinny Minnie, you are my sweet little baby girl and i love and miss you so
much it hurts.

Jethro and Humphry also left us this month and they are greatly missed
also.  Both were very sweet boys.

Good news, Basil and Rascal my insulnoma ferrets and old farts are hanging
in and doing great.

Our blind ferret Dusty, 5yrs old, had sx today for her left adrenal and a
tumor tken out of her ear, also a piece of her spleen was send in for a
bio.  Dr. kolmstetter said it looked a bit odd.  Her preop bloodwork was
good, and she is at the docs house recovering and will be back home
tomorrow.  she really needs a great home, and to be an olny child, she is
very clingy, and loves her slop, (we can't say duck soup around here
anymore because it makes our baby duck a bit nervous).

we still have plenty of healthy sweet ferrets waiting for a great home,
and plenty of products for the holidays.  if interested, contact me at
702-876-8224 or by my e mail addy.

Take care to all, CJ 24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter
Where ferrets are treated like gold...