From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 10:37:16 -0400
It's been awhile since I have written about my little actress, the one
that wouldn't eat kibble but auntie found her behind the couch with
popcorn.  We'll here's her new thing.  She is now on kibble.  I swear
this ferret is smarter than the average.  I think the time she sleeps is
actually the time she thinks of things to outsmart me with.  We'll, Uncle
Tony leaves on business trips the rehabs get their own room.  But, Ms.
Furbie, the actress gets the bedroom.  Before she was ever so weak to get
on the bed once she got off to eat in the middle of the night.  Now, I
awake to something saying "Get your damn arm Off me, will you please".
We'll, I put food and water down on top of newpaper.  Here's the reason
why.  Yesterday, she got off the bed and was drinking water and pooping
at the same time.  The weirdest thing I ever saw.

I am trying to teach her how to play.  We'll I decided to take her outside
in the grass.  Ms Furbie decides I just don't want to be curious about
outside I will just lay here.  Auntie thinks what will stimulate her, the
lazy one.  I bring Holler outside.  Holler is a cockteil.  We'll low and
behold, guess who jets across the yard for a bird.  I always knew she was
sneaky fast.  Holler has now realized she is the bait for stimulation.
So, she will actually go on the attack.  Crazy bird.  Don't worry all this
activity is supervised.  Everyone who knows me, knows I love my animals.

On the crazy bird thing.  I have a ferret named Kinman that I am rehabing.
He is very slow and he gets the livingroom when Uncle Tony is gone.
Holler is usually out unless she is on punishment for being a bad bird.
Yesterday, I was laying on the couch watching Judge Judy with Kinman sleep
in my arms.  Next thing you know Holler climbs on the couch and realizes
that Kinman is in my arms and proceeds to try to bite his tail.  I keep
pushing her away in hopes she would stop.  Crazy bird.  I swear she has
always been special.  When she realizes that mommie won't let her do that
she tries to bite any part of him.  Amazing, I finally get Kinman to sleep
in my arms on a regular basis just for the crazy bird to try bite and
torment.  She then has to be put on punishment in her cage.  She has
always been very jealous of him.  If Holler sees me feeding him, she will
actually try to take to get in the food bowl or climb dead up his back.
She's still a baby bird.

This is a part of Benita's home soap opera.  20 animals deep and never a
dull day.  I need to start a cartoon.

All take care and give their fuzzbutts and furry ones kisses everyday :)
Benita