From:
Leslie Giles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 09:08:23 -0700
As I was getting ready for work today, lo and behold, the local NBC station
played a news stories on legalization of ferrets in Salt Lake They showed a
picture of a very nice looking ferret and although they described them as
"weasel-like" animals, the news story was positive.  It showed a gentlemen
presenting to the county commission or some government agency here in Utah
on getting ferrets legalized.  The story commented that although ferrets are
legal in most of Utah, each county has jurisdiction - and in Salt Lake they
are currently illegal.

So, who are you, mystery ferret-freedom fighter?  If you are on the list,
let us know.  Who should we be e-mailing, faxing, and telephoning?  How is
it going?  Did ferrets win the day in Salt Lake?  This certainly could have
been discussed on the list - I've tried to skim the past few days, but I am
really behind....so please bring me up-to-date.

Thanks,
Leslie, Dirk, Phantom, and Bandit